ALUCORE® is an innovative aluminium composite panel consisting of two aluminium cover sheets and a honeycomb core of aluminium.
Boasting the globally recognised ALUCOBOND® trademark, ALUCORE® is also a composite material that can be used for a wide variety of applications from the transport industry to architecture, and has fantastic properties such as extraordinary flatness, a large variety of colours, and high formability.
The product’s aluminium honeycomb core gives the composite panel a high rigidity and an extremely low weight. ALUCORE® therefore has a definite advantage when it comes to projects with high demands on material stiffness – such as façade cladding or roofing where it will be exposed to an extremely high wind load, or for large self-supporting roofs.
ALUCORE® – the first lightweight panel that is a bond for life!
Following in the footsteps of the world-wide established ALUCOBOND® trademark, ALUCORE® is also a composite material for a variety of applications in transport industry and architecture, showing excellent product properties such as extraordinary flatness, large variety of colours and high formability.The aluminium honeycomb core gives the composite panel a high rigidity and an extremely low weight. ALUCORE® therefore provides the decisive advantage where very high demands are made on the material for applications such as façade cladding or roofing, e.g. if exposed to extremely high wind load and for large self-supporting roofs.ALUCORE® is the first lightweight panel that you, too, will absolutely insist as being: a bond for life.
- Pre-cleaning of the panels using methylated spirit
- Grinding the surfaces with wet abrasive paper (grain size 360)
- Removing grinding dust with a lint free cloth moistened with spirit
- For the topcoat, please follow the instructions of the topcoat supplier.
- The maximum permissible temperature of the material (ALUCORE® panels) must not exceed 70°C when applying fast-drying methods. During the drying process at high temperatures the ALUCORE® panels must be positioned or stored with great care to prevent deforming.
- ALUCORE® cut edges should not be in contact with organic solvents for a prolonged period of time to avoid weakening the bond.
- ALUCORE® panels lacquered or over lacquered at a later stage should not be bent or folded. The lacquer in the bends or folds may be damaged due to the low elasticity of the topcoat.