ALUCORE® is an innovative aluminium composite panel consisting of two aluminium cover sheets and a honeycomb core of aluminium.
Boasting the globally recognised ALUCOBOND® trademark, ALUCORE® is also a composite material that can be used for a wide variety of applications from the transport industry to architecture, and has fantastic properties such as extraordinary flatness, a large variety of colours, and high formability.
The product’s aluminium honeycomb core gives the composite panel a high rigidity and an extremely low weight. ALUCORE® therefore has a definite advantage when it comes to projects with high demands on material stiffness – such as façade cladding or roofing where it will be exposed to an extremely high wind load, or for large self-supporting roofs.
ALUCORE® – the first lightweight panel that is a bond for life!
Due to the production process, a displacement of the cover sheets of max. 2 mm to one side may occur along the longer sides of the panels.
|-0 / +2 mm
|1000 – 4000 mm
|-0 / +4 mm
|4001 – 9000 mm
|-0 / +6 mm
- To avoid residuals of glue sticking to the surface of the panels due to UV radiation, it is recommended to remove the protective foil as soon as possible after the installation.
- The protective foils and the panel surfaces must not be marked using ink (marker), adhesive tapes or stickers, as the lacquered surfaces could be damaged by solvents or plasticizers.
- Make sure to remove the protective foil as soon as possible after installation as weathering for a longer period could make the foil difficult to remove.
Cleaning and maintenance
The frequency of cleaning depends on the design and the degree of soiling. For further information, please refer to our brochure.
Download our Alucobond processing manual
Storage / Handling
- Protect ALUCORE® pallets during storage against rain, penetration of moisture and condensation.
- Only pallets of identical size should be stacked, with a maximum of 6 pallets stacked on top of each other.
The stacking height per pallet should not exceed 2 m.
- Storage exceeding 6 months should be avoided, as it may become difficult to remove the protective foil.
- When stacking the panels nothing should be placed in between them, as this could produce marks on the panels.