Bending ALUCOBOND® A2 is possible with a bending press.
- The minimum required radius is r = 25 x t (t = panel thickness)
- The spring-back effect of ALUCOBOND®A2 is larger than that of a solid aluminium sheet
- The die edges should be rounded and smooth
- To prevent damage caused to the panel surface, the protective foil must not be removed during bending
- Additionally, the visible surface can be protected by using plastic pads of 1 – 2 mm thickness
- Ideal die width: 2 x t + 2 x protective foil thickness + punch diameter + 15 mm
- For serial production, please make tests on sample panels
B = protective foil
C = die
D = die width
r = radius
ALUCORE® is an aluminium composite panel consisting of two cover sheets and a honeycomb core of aluminium.
Following in the footsteps of the world-wide established ALUCOBOND® trademark, ALUCORE® is also a composite material for a variety of applications in transport and industry or architecture, showing excellent product properties such as extraordinary flatness, large variety of colours and high formability.
The aluminium honeycomb core gives the composite panel a high rigidity and an extremely low weight. ALUCORE® therefore provides the decisive advantage where very high demands are made on the material for applications such as façade cladding or roofing, e.g. if exposed to extremely high wind load and for large self-supporting roofs.
ALUCORE® is the first lightweight panel that you, too, will absolutely insist as being: a bond for life.